Monday, February 21, 2011

curry turkey or turkey curry...

 We get a lot of recipes from Marty (MIL) because she is a great cook, and anytime Bill requests food it usually something his mom makes ☺So the first time I heard of Curry Turkey (or as I keep calling it Turkey Curry), I knew where to get the recipe. Bill LOVES his mom's food because she uses real things in it (REAL cheese, meat, bread) as opposed to me who is having to cut a lot of things in my diet. Poor Bill is now too...because I am the cook of the house! Anytime I can substitute the real thing in for him, I am so don't feel too bad for him yet ☺He is also getting better at eating my (too healthy) food...He did eat homemade gluten free pizza with me a couple weeks ago...8 months into our marriage, and we are making great progress ♥ We will see where this week takes us, as I start to cut dairy too. I am not sure how he is going to handle soy cheese and almond milk...could get interesting in the Hornaday house ♥

Here is the delicious recipe (for gluten free people-cream of chicken does have gluten).

Marty's Curry Turkey

Left over turkey cut into bite size pieces
2 Cans of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
Hot Curry powder (if you like spicy)
Tabasco-as much as you like
1/4 tsp of ground ginger
White wine-whatever you have open
Brown rice
Chopped onion
Sliced banana
Raisins

Start cooking rice. As it is cooking, pour the cream of chicken into pan and add turkey, curry, Tabasco and ginger. Mix together. Add wine to thin as needed and simmer slowly. The longer it cooks the better.

Serve over rice. Top with onions, bananas and raisin. Enjoy!


xoxo

Meggan

No comments:

Post a Comment