Monday, February 7, 2011

What are you doing tomorrow?

One of my goals as newlywed is to make our dinner menu for the week ahead. It helps with my shopping, and if I know what is on sale I can plan my menu accordingly. As a newly married couple, we do not go out to eat very often, which saves a lot money. I know it is very convenient to come home from a long day at work and pick up something to-go or grab your significant other and head out to a restaurant, but think of all the money you could be saving by cooking at home.

TOMORROW is one of the best days to go grocery shopping for meat. Most stores start their new adds on Wednesdays, so I have found that Tuesday is the best day to buy meat. A lot of meat on the  shelf will have a sell by date of Wednesday, so you will find it marked down. I like to buy organic meat whenever possible, and this is when I stock up. As long as you buy it and either freeze it or use it by the date you will be fine.

When freezing meat take it out of its original meat tray (if you didn't buy it from a butcher) and wrap it in saran wrap. Then place the meat in a freezer zip-lock bag. Don't forget to label it with what type of meat it is and the date you bought it!
 
Tip of the Day: Go to Frys (or whatever store you shop at...I just really like Frys) and buy your meat for the week. Don't forget to throw it in the freezer if you are not using it for Tuesday's dinner!

Here is our menu for the week!






xoxo

Meggan

1 comment:

  1. Meggs! Will you post the fish taco recipe this week? I would love to make them. I LOVE THIS BLOG!

    ReplyDelete